Get the vitamin that supports healthy teeth, bones, and muscles, as well as cardiovascular and immune function.*
Vitamin D, in its D3 form, is more potent and better absorbed form than its D2 form.
Thorne’s D-5,000 contains 5,000 IU of high-quality vitamin D3 and is NSF Certified for Sport®.
Although it is well known that direct sunlight is a natural source of vitamin D, many individuals, especially the elderly, don’t get enough vitamin D from sunlight or from their diet.
Benefits of Thorne’s Vitamin D-5000:
- Supports healthy teeth and bones.*
- Promotes lean muscle mass and helps maintain muscle strength.*
- Enhances the absorption and retention of calcium.*
- Supports healthy brain function.*
- Promotes cardiovascular health and immune function.*
- Formulated with vitamin D3, a more potent and better absorbed form than vitamin D2.
- No lactose and no preservatives like BHT, BHA, sodium benzoate, and sorbic acid.
You could be at a higher risk of a vitamin D deficiency if you:
- Rarely go outdoors, live in the northern latitudes, or have a darker skin tone.
- Have limited sun exposure due to your occupation, clothing choices, or engage in indoor athletics rather than outdoor sports.
- Regularly wear sunscreen with an SPF greater than 8.
- Are an older adult (the risk of a deficiency increases with age beginning at age 50).
- Have a chronic health condition, such as a bowel disease or a surgical procedure (like gastric bypass) that decreases fat absorption.
- Are obese.
The optimal amount of vitamin D for an individual depends on many factors and varies from person to person. Therefore, the requirement for vitamin D supplementation should be individualized. Either of Thorne’s D-1,000 or D-5,000 can be an ideal way to maintain an optimal level of vitamin D in healthy individuals.*
Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Ingredients per 1 capsule:
|Vitamin D3||(5000 IU) 125 mcg
Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)
Store tightly sealed at room temperature, out of reach of children.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.