The Ancient Minerals Magnesium footbath kit is our most convenient magnesium bath application yet! It provides relaxation when you need it, and allows you to replicate the ancient practice of balneotherapy at home (or when traveling) with a mineral-rich footbath.
Perfect alternative to a full body bath. Ease tension and stiffness in tired feet.
Made with Medical Grade PVC. Ultra-soft and anti-microbial. Your perfect at-home spa!
- Cushioned base
- Ideal for travel
- Great for sensitive skin
- Facilitates safe and effective detoxification
What is Balneotherapy?
- Natural approach to physical therapy using water and minerals.
- Dating back centuries, the Greeks and Romans would bathe in mineral-rich hot springs to treat a variety of ailments.
- People all over the world continue to seek out hot springs for a therapeutic soak.
- Promotes healing-- increases circulation, encourages detox and eases stress.
- In water immersion, the skin’s absorption of the minerals can be considerable, especially with total body immersion.
- Replicate the art of balneotherapy at home with mineral-rich salts in your bath.
How is this different than epsom salts?
Magnesium bath flakes are made from magnesium chloride. Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate. Although both contain a form of magnesium, magnesium chloride is much better suited for topical application. Magnesium chloride is the best choice because of its clinical and pharmacological effects, and its lower tissue toxicity as compared to magnesium sulfate. Magnesium chloride is more easily assimilated, and therefore more bioavailable or absorbed and utilized by the body. Whereas magnesium sulfate is not as easily absorbed and utilized in the body.
Where does Ancient Minerals magnesium chloride come from?
Ancient Minerals magnesium is harvested from the Zechstein seabed, isolated from the forces of modern pollution. Genuine Zechstein magnesium is globally the most coveted source of naturally occurring magnesium chloride in existence. The Genuine Zechstein emblem is a mark of purity on every Ancient Mienrals product, and is an assurance that you are receiving only the finest natural magnesium chloride in the world.
Is this the best application for children and how much should be used?
Ancient Minerals magnesium baths are the preferred application by most parents, and have been used with great success on children as young as 6 months old. They are not only safe, but also highly therapeutic and can calm even the most restless young ones. Use 1/2 cup to 1 cup in a small bath.
How often should I take a magnesium bath?
You can take an Ancient Minerals magnesium bath as often as you'd like.
1. Inflate base valve first followed by both outer valves. A hand pump can be used if preferred.
2. Place on flat surface (ideally final location) and fill with warm water. Do not exceed the “maximum fill” line. Always use carrying handles if moving bath with water.
3. Pour entire contents of the included Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes.
4. Submerge feet. Relax and rejuvenate for 20 minutes.
Warning: Ensure water is not too hot. Dry before deflating and storing. Keep out of reach of children.
1 Reusable Footbath, 1 Convenient Storage Pouch, 1 Single-Use Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes Pouch: Genuine Zechstein magnesium chloride flakes (and trace minerals)
Approximately 15g elemental magnesium per cup
Magnesium Footbath Kit
- Brand: Ancient Minerals®
- Product Code: 269104
- Availability: In Stock