Advanced Digestive Enzymes
Advanced Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzymes for individuals with occasional indigestion*
A digestive enzyme blend that supports individuals who have indigestion, bloating, or had gallbladder removal.*
Advanced Digestive Enzymes (formerly Bio-Gest) promotes the digestion and absorption of proteins, fats, and carbs with the combination of HCl, pepsin, pancreatic enzymes, and ox bile.*
Thorne's Advanced Digestive Enzymes is a comprehensive blend of digestive enzymes that support good digestion.* A digestive enzyme supplement can be beneficial in circumstances when less than optimal amounts of digestive enzymes are being produced in the body – like during the natural aging process or after gallbladder removal.*
When to supplement with Thorne's Advanced Digestive Enzymes:
- After consuming a meal heavy in fat or red meat
- For the occasional overindulge
- When eating foods that commonly cause gas and bloating
- When less than optimal amounts of digestive enzymes are being produced in the body – like during the natural aging process or after gallbladder removal
Benefits of Thorne's Advanced Digestive Enzymes:
- Provides support for occasional indigestion*
- Minimizes gas and bloating*
- Helps maintain bowel regularity*
- Provides benefits after overuse of antacids*
- Supports individuals who have food sensitivities*
- Provides support after gallbladder removal*
- Optimizes the absorption of essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients*
- HCl promotes the body's absorption of multiple nutrients, including folate, vitamin B12, vitamin C, beta-carotene, iron, and various forms of calcium, magnesium, and zinc*
- Pancreatic enzymes and ox bile promote the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, E, and K, CoQ10, and omega-3 fatty acids*
- Contains undiluted pepsin and pancreatin
- Does not contain lactose, which is often used to dilute pepsin and pancreatin
- Contains ox bile
More about digestive enzymes:
The proteolytic enzymes hydrochloric acid (HCl) and pepsin are secreted in the stomach, while pancreatin, composed of amylase, lipase, and protease, is secreted from the pancreas, and bile is secreted from the liver and through the gallbladder. These enzymes are all essential for digestion and absorption of nutrients from the food we eat. By providing all of them, Bio-Gest offers a complete solution for digestive support.
Take 1-2 capsules with each meal or as recommended by your health professional.
Ingredients per 2 capsules:
|Betaine Hydrochloride||480 mg
|L-Glutamic Acid Hydrochloride
Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide
Store tightly sealed at room temperature, out of reach of children.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
This product should not be used concurrent with H2-blocking drugs and proton pump inhibitors because these drugs are intended to block the production of stomach HCl.
This product is contraindicated in patients with peptic ulcers. It is not recommended to remove the powder from the capsule to take orally, as it can be irritating to the oral mucosa.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.