A gentle and effective daily multivitamin for women who are trying to conceive, are pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Formulated to be gentle and effective and to reduce nausea.
- Contains the key nutrients that support a healthy pregnancy, including vitamins A, B12, and folate, and the minerals magnesium, iron, and iodine.
- Contains none of the additives and coatings typically contained in mainstream prenatal supplements.
- Easier on the stomach because it uses well-absorbed iron bisglycinate to lessen iron's constipating effect.*
Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.
Thorne's Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind.*
Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.*
Benefits of Thorne's Basic Prenatal at each stage:
- Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
- Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
- Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development.* Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
- Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit "morning sickness".*
- Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman's increased need for iron.
- Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.*
- Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
Take 3 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Ingredients per 3 capsules:
|Boron (Glycinate Complex)||1 mg|
|Calcium (Citrate)||90 mg|
|Calcium (Malate)||90 mg|
|Chromium (Nicotinate Glycinate)||100 mcg|
|Copper (Bisglycinate)||2 mg|
|Folate (L-5-MTHF)||1.7mg DFE|
|Iodine (Potassium Iodide)||150 mcg|
|Iron (Bisglycinate)||45 mg|
|Magnesium (Citrate)||45 mg|
|Magnesium (Malate)||45 mg|
|Manganese (Bisglycinate)||5 mg|
|Selenium (Selenomethionine)||50 mcg|
|Vitamin A (Beta carotene)||450 mcg|
|Vitamin A (Palmitate)||600 mcg|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)||5 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||200 mcg|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)||5 mg|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide)||30 mg|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||18 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||12 mg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||150 mg|
|Vitamin D3||25 mcg|
|Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)||33.5 mg|
|Vitamin K1||100 mcg|
|Zinc (Bisglycinate)||25 mg|
Hypromellose Capsule, Calcium Laurate
Store tightly sealed at room temperature, out of reach of children.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under six. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.